One person was transported to an area hospital, according to Fairfield Fire Chief Don Bennett. Seven others were treated at the scene that were showing signs of respiratory distress.
A chemical company employee was filling a tank with a foaming acid when there was a spill, creating a fume or respiratory irritant.
“There is one dock area that contains all their cleaning solutions and so forth and he was filling off the dock,” Bennett said.”
Part of the Koch Foods building in Fairfield is being evacuated due to a reported chemical spill this morning.
A bleach and acid mix spilled at around 8 a.m. and part of the building on Port Union Road was evacuated, according to a Fairfield dispatcher.
No other information was available.
Create Life Saving Experiences with HAZSIM. Click HERE for more information.
Ready for your free quote? Submit HERE.