Those with the Charleston Fire Department say the HazMat decontamination area was set up for patients who had been contaminated while doing work at a school in Clay County.
Charleston Fire Captain Les Smith says a few people were exposed to some type of toxic floor stripper. Smith says it did not get on their skin but they did breathe it in.
It is unclear exactly how many people were exposed.
Two patients are currently at CAMC with minor respiratory problems.
Captain Smith says there is no longer a risk to the general public.
Keep clicking on WSAZ Mobile and WSAZ.com for updates.
ORIGINAL STORY 8/11/16 @ 2:38 p.m.
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) — A HazMat decontamination area is being set up at Charleston Area Medical Center General Hospital.
Charleston Fire Department is on scene at this time.
WSAZ is told that there is not an emergency at the hospital but the hospital is anticipating people coming from another area that need to be decontaminated before they enter the hospital.