HMN-5 people were hospitalized, 1 of which for burns after a chemical mixture at a hotel near Walt Disney World. WFTV reports that firefighters are calling the incident a chemical explosion.
OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. – Five people were hospitalized Wednesday morning after chemicals were mixed at a hotel near Walt Disney World, Osceola County Fire Rescue said.
One person was burned and four others complained of breathing issues after chlorine and ammonia were mixed in a laundry room at the Park Inn by Radisson on Maingate Lane near U.S. Highway 192 and North Old Lake Wilson Road, Osceola County Deputy Chief Danny McAvoy said.
Firefighters initially said that there was a chemical explosion.
The chemical grade was stronger than household chlorine, but not as strong as the chlorine used in swimming pools, McAvoy said.
No other details were given.
Check back for updates to this developing story.