Ammonia leak at Detroit factory

Ammonia

(Fox 2)

– A factory in Detroit was evacuated Monday morning after a pipe burst, leaking ammonia into the air.

We’re told three people had to be hospitalized, including two Detroit police officers and a 57-year-old male employee. All are expected to be okay.

An official with the Detroit Fire Department tells us an ammonia pipe burst at the Intrastate Distributors building on Exeter Street, which makes Towne Club Soda.

The situation was handled and is still under investigation.

About 15 people had to be evacuated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

%d bloggers like this: