HMN-Worcester fire department responded to a report of high CO at a set of area apartments. 4 apartments were evacuated after a CO meter alarmed. (Mass Live)
The Worcester Fire Department and the state hazmat team have evacuated apartments on Sunderland Road after getting high carbon monoxide readings.
The fire department was called to 270 Sunderland Road just after 9 a.m. for a carbon monoxide detector activation.
Firefighters got high readings on meters, according to Deputy Fire Chief Martin Dyer.
Four apartments were evacuated, Dyer said. No one has been injured.
Out of precaution, the State Police bomb squad is being called in to clear the scene for any materials that could be explosive, Dyer said.
Dyer said he does not believe that anyone in the area is in danger.
By 1:30 p.m., the building was ventilated. Firefighters were taking new meter readings to make sure the air is safe before residents go back inside.
At 2:30 p.m., Dyer said the building was safe and the scene was clear.