HMN-(FOX Baltimore) Baltimore crews are on scene with an active anhydrous ammonia leak in Edgemere.
Hazmat leak reported in Edgemere
EDGEMERE, Md. (WBFF) – Hazmat units were responding to an apparent ammonia leak in Baltimore County’s Edgemere Friday afternoon.
Fire crews were at the scene on Beachwood Road, near Lynhurst Road, at about 4:30 p.m.
Fire officials were calling it an “active anhydrous ammonia leak.”
According to New York State Department of Health: “Exposure to high concentrations of ammonia in air causes immediate burning of the eyes, nose, throat and respiratory tract and can result in blindness, lung damage or death. Inhalation of lower concentrations can cause coughing, and nose and throat irritation.”
This is a breaking news story. Stay with FOX45 for updates.