“Bubbling liquid” exposure lands one worker in hospital

HMN-One worker was hospitalized after he came across a hole in the ground filled with a bubbling liquid.  KRIS reports that when HAZMAT located the hole, H2S readings were confirmed.

Emergency crews are in the area of Sedwick Road, and Stillwell Lane, near Clarkwood Road in Annaville, for an H2S chemical leak after a worker in the area was hospitalized when he came across a hole in the ground filled with a bubbling liquid, according to officials on scene.

Hazmat crews were called to the area to investigate, and they located the hole the worker was speaking of. Hazmat crews confirmed readings of H2S (hydrogen sulfide) coming from that hole.

“At this this time there is absolutely no hazard to the public from this release, and we are just advising the public to stay clear of this Clarkwood and Sedwick area for the time being,” an official with CCPD on the scene said.

It is unclear what kind of symptoms the man who was hospitalized had. His condition is currently unknown.

Sign up for the Hazmatnation mailing list!

HazSim Pro training system has been used to train across the U.S since 2011. Trainers in HazMat and Confined Space realized that ‘tapping the student on the shoulder’ was NOT effective training. This system uses NO hazardous materials and although may not look exactly like your front line meter, shows the important data which the all students needs to learn to ‘react’ to. Click HERE for video of setting up the system. Click this link for customers in action using the HazSim to better train responders. Click HERE for a quote.

 

HazSim

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

%d bloggers like this: