Carbon Monoxide Leaks Results In Evacuations, Sends 5 To Hospital

cnycentral.com

A Carbon Monoxide Leak at a hotel in Syracuse, NY resulted in an evacuation Tuesday, sending 5 patients to the hospital for evaluation.

Carbon monoxide was detected in a Syracuse hotel Tuesday morning that prompted evacuations and sent a few people to the hospital. According to Syracuse Deputy Fire Chief Barry Lasky, who was at the scene, crews were sent to the Genesee Grande Hotel around 8:30 a.m. for a carbon monoxide leak. Lasky said the carbon monoxide detector went off on the building’s first floor and the hotel manager went to investigate, thinking it was just an odor at first. The manager then went to the carbon monoxide reader in the basement and called 911.

Officials said 19 occupied rooms at the hotel were evacuated, removing 25 people from the building. Five people were taken to the hospital for evaluation because they had higher amounts of carbon monoxide detected in them. National Grid is working to find the source of the leak.

Hazsim

hazsimCreate Life Saving Experiences with HAZSIM.  Click HERE for more information.

Ready for your free quote? Submit HERE.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

%d bloggers like this: