News

Phoenix responds to house fire, gas leak.

Gas leak

HMN-Phoenix firefighters evacuated part of a neighborhood after discovering a broken gas line during post fire operations.  The line was leaking into the back yard of the home. KTAR PHOENIX — Natural gas leaked into the backyard of an abandoned home that caught on fire early Saturday morning, the Phoenix Fire Department said. Around 4 p.m. a house south of Southern ...

Read More »

Alaskan teen injured in Propane huffing incident

Sign up for the Hazmatnation mailing list! HMN-A 14 year old girl has been injured after an incident that involved huffing propane.  (ADN) A teenage Alakanuk girl was injured when a propane tank a group of young people were huffing fumes from caught fire, the Alaska State Troopers said Monday. Troopers from Emmonak were called to the Lower Yukon River ...

Read More »

Houston battling fire involving unknown chemicals

Houston fire

Read More »

Explosion at P&G plant kills one

Explosion

KNOE (5/24) PINEVILLE, La. (KALB) – UPDATE (12:26 p.m.) – The State Fire Marshal’s Office has confirmed to News Channel 5 that the fatal accident at the P&G Plant in Pineville was caused by an equipment explosion. The explosion killed the operator of the piece of equipment and the fire was contained to the equipment. The incident happened in the ...

Read More »

Death in Dietrich appears to be suicide

Suicide

  HMN-Magic Valley reports that a man found with a gas canister, later identified as nitrogen, appears to be a suicide.  A regional HAZMAT team along with the 101st CST helped identify the gas canister. DIETRICH — All eight people hospitalized for possible hazmat exposure Thursday have been released, Lincoln County Sheriff Rene Rodriguez said Friday. Seven first responders and ...

Read More »

Charlotte Fire called to local school for malfunctioning toilet

Toilet

HMN-Charlotte Fire was called to a local school for a possible Hazmat situation Wednesday afternoon.  Upon arrival the school was evacuated for air quality concerns. (Fox 46) – A clogged toilet was the source of an “air quality” alert at South Mecklenburg High School that forced students and staff to evacuate the building  Wednesday afternoon, officials on scene told FOX 46 ...

Read More »

(Video) Spain fireworks storage explosion

Spain fireworks

Read More »

Man gets 25 years in prison for mailing cyanide to suicidal man

Potassium Cyanide

Sign up for the Hazmatnation mailing list HMN-Sidney P. Kilmartin has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for mailing cyanide to an English gentleman, who used the chemical for suicide. (Press Herald) The bizarre case of Sidney Kilmartin, 56, had been in federal court for four years. Sidney P. Kilmartin, the former Windham man convicted of sending cyanide to ...

Read More »

Firefighters and police sickened by chemical smell

Read More »

Four ducks euthanized after NZ oil spill

Ducks

Sign up for the Hazmatnation mailing list! HMN-Four ducks were euthanized after an oil spill from a New Zealand industrial site.  Stuff.co reports that some of the oil may have entered the nearby Oreti river. Four ducks were euthanised following a large spill of used oil into a Southland waterway. Environment Southland was notified of the oil spill in a tributary of the Winton ...

Read More »