FF Killed: Crews Respond to Report of House Explosion, Fire in Bronx UPDATE! Poss Drug Lab

HMN – Reports indicate there was a grow room at the building which killed BC Fahy.   We have NO official information yet but have been looking at the possible causes from a HazMat perspective.

The New York Post reports:

Firefighters responded to the house near the corner of Tibbett Avenue in Kingsbridge after someone in the neighborhood reported what they thought was a gas leak around 6:20 a.m. But when firefighters entered the house, they found what appeared to be a homemade drug laboratory inside a dark room, and immediately requested police, according to sources.

They also heard a hissing noise on the property, suggesting there had been a break in the gas line, law enforcement sources said. Firefighters opened up windows in the home, which smelled heavily of gas.

Cops and firefighters were waiting outside for a Con Ed crew to arrive after they evacuated the house when it blew up, sending a large piece of the roof flying into the air and landing on Fahy. He was rushed to a hospital in a police car after firefighters removed the debris, a source said.

No further information yet but often Propane is used in Grow Rooms to generate CO2.  Other lab explosions have occurred from BHO production.   Below is a CO2 Generator used in a grow room.

grow room

Propane used to generate CO2 in a Grow Room

 

 


According to NBC4:

Authorities are responding to a report of an explosion and fire at a private home in the Bronx where firefighters had been called to check for a possible gas leak, according to fire and emergency officials.
Firefighters got a call about a possible gas leak at the home on West 234th Street near Tibbett Avenue in Kingsbridge shortly before 6:30 a.m., officials said. About an hour later, there was a report of a possible explosion.
There was no immediate word on injuries, but streets were being shut down in the area.
A photo taken from the 238th Street subway platform showed a plume of smoke rising into the air. One Instagram user said the blast “shook my whole neighborhood,” adding it “felt like a bomb went off.” More

 

Drug Lab Danger  BHO Lab Danger

SIGN UP FOR NEWS AND TRAINING ALERTS!


 

One comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

%d bloggers like this: