HMN – Reno HazMat, sometimes you show up and do your thing and it is something, sometimes it is nothing. Job well done by Reno Hazmat personnel who responded in force to ensure the safety of their citizens.
According to KOLO8:
RENO, Nev. (KOLO) – Emergency crews went to a possible Hazmat situation at the Silver Legacy.
But it turns out the material that was feared to possibly be toxic was likely degraded paper.
The call came in around 1:30 p.m., Thursday, March 21, 2019.
Reno Fire Battalion Chief Mark Winkelman says four people were exposed to a white powder on the 10th floor of the hotel, but are not showing any symptoms at this time.
One person got the powder on her face when she opened a box of tissues.
Crews went back into the room and took samples of the substance.
West Street between Fourth and Fifth Streets was closed but was expected to reopen by 5 p.m.