Montgomery county investigates possible gas leak

Gas leak

(Bethesda Magazine)

Wednesday: County fire and rescue emergency medical workers along with a crew from the Hazardous Incident Response Team evaluated residents at the Willard Apartment building in Chevy Chase after reports of illness potentially caused by a gas leak.

At 4:05 p.m. however, Montgomery Fire and Rescue Services spokesman Pete Piringer reported that emergency workers determined there was no gas leak, only a potent odor caused by commercial grade cleaning solutions.

Piringer said there were no hazardous meter readings or related illnesses among the building’s residents. Dozens of tenants evacuated the building and 12  were medically evaluated.

Emergency workers concentrated on the odor which came from between the 8th and 12th floors, Piringer said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

%d bloggers like this: