Nitric acid prompts hazmat emergency in Arizona

HMN File Photo - Copyright HazMatNation.com

HMN File Photo – Copyright HazMatNation.com

According to ABC15:

GLENDALE – Glendale Fire officials say nitric acid at a manufacturing business prompted a two-alarm hazardous materials response on Monday afternoon.

Fire officials say employees at an electroplating company near 53rd Avenue and Camelback Road were filling a nitric acid container when it started reacting with aluminum.

Phoenix Police Department also provided information about the incident, stating that an employee pulled a hazard alarm after smelling the acid fumes.

Three people are being taken to the hospital for treatment, but there is no word on the severity of their injuries, fire says.

No outside evacuations have been put in place.

Full News Article Here

 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

%d bloggers like this: