HMN-One of the employees was sent to the hospital with unknown injuries before firefighters arrived.
SANTA ROSA (BCN)
A nitric acid spill early Wednesday afternoon caused the evacuation of 25 employees from two businesses in southwest Santa Rosa, the Santa Rosa Fire Department said.
One of the employees went to a hospital with unknown injuries before firefighters arrived around 12:30 p.m. at 1201 Corporate Center Parkway, Santa Rosa Battalion Chief Matt Dahl said.
A 55-gallon drum containing the strong liquid acid was leaking inside a truck loading bay of a commercial building and several gallons escaped the container, Dahl said.
Firefighters wearing full protective equipment and air packs entered the building multiple times to test, contain and neutralize the acid, Dahl said.
The Santa Rosa fire and police departments are investigating the acid spill.
Nitric acid is a highly corrosive and toxic mineral acid used in the production of fertilizers, explosives and dyes.
Create Life Saving Experiences with HAZSIM. Click HERE for more information.
Ready for your free quote? Submit HERE.