The hazmat team was called Wednesday afternoon to the Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast Marion Chester Read Service and Resource Center at 69th and O’Connor streets.
The Milwaukee Fire Department told WISN 12 News that a bunch of medical supplies were donated to the Girl Scouts that contained an old medical kit with picric acid, which over time can crystalize an become an explosive device.
The Girl Scouts called the Milwaukee Fire Department, which called the bomb squad to dispose of it.
The bomb squad was taking the picric acid to a quarry to detonate it.
No one was injured.