Source: Â Long Valley Patch
An overnight fire led to a HAZMAT teamâ€™s involvement at a metal factory on Pomeroy Road Thursday, police said.
Police responded to Zimmer Trabecular Metal Technology on Pomeroy Road at 12:19 a.m. and spoke to the plant supervisor and security guard, who said a fire had started but all employees were out of the building, police said.
Parsippany fire districts one, three, four, five, and six responded along with Parsippany Ambulance Car 65 and Car 65 backup. Firefighters located the blaze in the rear of the building and were able to extinguish it quickly.
It was determined the fire started due to a malfunctioning motor, police said.
As a result of the incident, a chemical reaction occurred, causing an elevated chlorine level and requiring response from the Morris County Office of Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, Morris County Hazardous Materials Team, and the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
A DEP test after the fire was extinguished revealed there were no high levels of chlorine in the building and the premises was safe for re-entry, police said.
No one was injured as a result of the incident.