Police: Two people die from overdose in Lawrence apartment; hazardous materials team responds

UPDATE: One of the three men who overdosed has survived.  The two fatal overdoses are due to a combination of Cocaine, and Fentanyl.  The survivor, called police to report that Cocaine he had ingested, may have been mixed with “something” else.  He also reported having trouble moving his arms and legs.

According to EagleTribune.com:

LAWRENCE — An investigation is happening Monday morning after several people overdosed in a Garden Street apartment and two of them died, public safety officials said.

A total of three people overdosed, according to police and fire officials.

A hazardous materials response team was called to the apartment in a multi-family building at 194 Garden St.

It’s unclear what substance is involved, however the man-made opioids fentanyl and carfentanil can be toxic to people who are merely in the presence of the drugs.

The identities of the people who overdosed in the apartment were not immediately available.

Garden Street is between Common and Haverhill streets. Police have closed Garden Street to traffic.

Watch eagletribune.com for updates to this story. A complete report will appear in Tuesday’s print edition of The Eagle-Tribune. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

%d bloggers like this: