HMN- One person was dead after propane grill exploded according to WJCL News
Bluffton, SC —One person is dead after a propane tank exploded near a grill outside of a Bluffton home.
Bluffton Police say it happened in Bluffton’s Hampton Lake subdivision Sunday night.
The cause of that explosion is now under investigation.
WJCL will continue to update this story as more information becomes available. Below are safety tips listed by the National Fire Protection Association to keep in mind while working with propane.
- Handle any propane-powered equipment cautiously and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cylinder tanks for equipment such as stoves and ovens must be located outside of the home.
- Never store or use propane gas cylinders larger than one pound inside the home.
- Never operate a propane-powered gas grill inside the home.
- Have propane gas equipment inspected periodically by a professional for possible leaks or malfunctioning parts.
- Carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions when lighting a pilot.
- If you smell a strong odor of gas, leave the area immediately and call the fire department from outside the home.
Reduce Incidents, Injury and Death with HazSim
HazSim is a state of the art training tool, it equips your HazMat teams and first responders with a realistic situational learning experience. HazSim simulates Chemical and Radioactive (CBRNE) environments. This hands-on, realistic, and interactive experience increases the effectiveness of your training for HazMat, USAR, Confined Space – Anywhere portable detection devices would be used to monitor the environment.
Routine Rescue Becomes Hazmat – FDIC 2017 Indianapolis, Indiana
Wednesday, April 26, 2017: 3:30 PM – 5:15 PM
Don’t Miss The Firefighter Cancer Support Network
Comedy Night at FDIC 2017 to battle firefighter cancer