On May 15, 2019, deputies with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) served one search warrant to investigate illegal cannabis cultivation on the 200 block of Indianola Reservation Road in Loleta. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife, the Humboldt County Environmental Health and HAZMAT Unit and the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department assisted in the service of the warrant.
One parcel was investigated during the service of the warrant. The parcel did not possess the required county permit and state license to cultivate cannabis commercially.
During the service of the warrant, deputies eradicated approximately 5,605 growing cannabis plants. Deputies also discovered a non-permitted butane honey oil (BHO) lab.
Assisting agencies found the following violations:
- Failure to dispose of hazardous waste violation (up to $70,000 fine per day)
- – Improper storage and removal of solid waste violation (up to $25,000 fine per day)
- – Commercial cannabis ordinance violation (up to $10,000 fine per day)
- – Building without a permit violation (up to $10,000 fine per day)
- – Unapproved sewage disposal system violation
- – Junk vehicles violation
- – Use of a recreational vehicle or mobile home as a residence violation