Tag Archives: acid

Big Mac Vs Sulfuric Acid!

Big mac

HMN-YouTubers “LETS MELT THIS” posted an intriguing video of what happens to a Big Mac when soaked in Sulfuric Acid.  Somehow I don’t think the 3 second rule applies to this? Sign up for the Hazmatnation mailing list!

Read More »

4 US tourists attacked with acid in France.

Acid

HMN-KATC/Ap reports that 4 US tourists have been attacked in France, with acid. All 4 of the victims have been hospitalized, 2 of which were treated for shock. PARIS (AP) – Four young American women were attacked with acid Sunday in the French city of Marseille by a woman who has been arrested, the Marseille prosecutor’s office said. Two of ...

Read More »

Chemical incident at Yale now under control

Chemical

HMN-An incident at Yale landed one student in the hospital after a chemical mixture inadvertently spilled on his clothes.  Fox 61 reports that the spill is considered minor. NEW HAVEN — A hazmat incident at Yale University has been brought under control. The New Haven Fire Chief tweeted the incident involving chemicals was under control shortly after 5 p. m. ...

Read More »

Burglar alarm leads to discovery of acid spill

HMN-While police investigated a burglar alarm at a local business, a muriatic acid spill was found from an overturned shelf. KTUL reports that the spill was of  medium size. TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — Tulsa police say they discovered an acid spill while investigating a burglary alarm at a north Tulsa business. Police say someone broke into the Independent Material Company ...

Read More »

Fumes from cleaning agent mixture prompts HAZMAT response

HMN-South Carolina responders arrived at Spartanburg assisted living facility to find that mixed cleaning agents were the cause of a HAZMAT scare.  The mixed agents were Bleach, and a mild acid according to WSPA. SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA) – Fire and HAZMAT crews are responding to an incident at a Spartanburg assisted living facility. Departments responded Wednesday afternoon to White Oak Estates ...

Read More »

Five children hospitalized after Chlorine exposure

    HMN-According to Fox News, five children were hospitalized after being exposed to Chlorine during a swim session.  The toxic gas cloud was created after a faulty breaker was repaired, and returned chemical pumps back to service. Five children in Florida were sickened Monday night after being exposed to chlorine gas during a swimming session at an indoor pool, ...

Read More »

One hospitalized after incident at waste facility

Waste facility

HMN-One person has be hospitalized after an inhalation exposure, to what we now know was Hydrochloric Acid.  Oregon Live reports that the chemical came from a container inside the trash bay.   One person was taken to a hospital for inhalation exposure Tuesday as a result of a hazmat incident at an Oregon City garbage, recycling and waste facility, officials ...

Read More »

Baton Rouge HAZMAT responds to Nitric Acid leak

Nitric acid

HMN-Baton Rouge firefighters were called to the scene of a Nitric Acid leak on Wednesday. While there was no offsite impact, WBRZ reports that 150 gallons of the acid had spilled on site.   BATON ROUGE – Fire crews were dispatched to a nitric acid leak from a chemical trucking facility Wednesday morning. Crews were dispatched to 6735 Airline Highway ...

Read More »

Air quality was monitored after fire in Buffalo, N.Y.

HMN- No injuries were reported after the acid release WKBW reported… BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) – Air quality and pollution levels were monitored overnight, Tuesday, after a chemical fire on Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo. 5,000 gallons of acid were oozing out of massive vats, found burning, when firefighters got to the scene about 11:00 p.m. Monday. The fire was at a ...

Read More »

Acid leak leads to evacuation at leisure complex

  HMN-Up to 100 people were evacuated after a Sulphuric acid leak occurred in a pump room at The Pods in Scunthorpe.  According to the Scunthorpe Telegraph, the fire brigade responded and cleaned the spill with environmental absorbent sheets. Up to 100 people were evacuated due to a chemical leak at The Pods in Scunthorpe. The main swimming pool was ...

Read More »