Tag Archives: carbon monoxide

Former MLB pitcher, and father, dead from CO poisoning

co

  HMN-Two men are dead after being found in their lawn care van, overcome by CO.  When the sheriffs officer opened the door to the vehicle, he was also overcome with CO, and eventually transported to a hospital.  One man, Ross Powell, who had left a career in baseball that included stints in the majors, and his father Lyle, were ...

Read More »

A dozen people hospitalized for CO exposure.

CO

HMN-A dozen people were hospitalized, including responders after a CO leak in a NJ home.  CBS reports that a man returned home to find everyone in his home unconscious.   MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A dozen people were exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide gas including first responders and good Samaritans who worked to save a family found ...

Read More »

Baltimore fire responds to CO leak

Baltimore CO

  HMN-Baltimore responds to a reported CO leak at an area Marriott hotel.  All four floors were evacuated and 2 patients were transported to the hospital.  WBFF provides more.   BALTIMORE (WBFF) – Drivers should avoid a portion of downtown Baltimore Saturday afternoon due to activity involving Baltimore City fire crews at a hotel where a carbon monoxide leak occurred. ...

Read More »

What is carbon monoxide poisoning and how does it happen?

HMN – A good article out of Australia by Jake Evans on Carbon Monoxide poisoning.   According to Jake Evans of ABC News: In most cases of death from carbon monoxide poisoning, the first responder will not recognise the risk and also die trying to rescue the victim, an expert says. Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected to be the cause ...

Read More »