Tag Archives: co

3 dead from apparent CO poisoning in York County

(WSOC TV) ROCK HILL, S.C. – Three men are dead in Rock Hill from what appears to be accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, the York County Sheriff’s Office said. Deputies were called around 5 p.m. Saturday to a home on Cherry Street, off Red River Road, where the men were found unconscious and not breathing. Deputies said they do not suspect foul ...

Read More »

Woman overcome with Carbon Monoxide, found during welfare check.

Carbon Monoxide

HMN-During a June 28th welfare check, police arrived to a residence in Jackson, New Jersey, and noted hearing an audible CO alarm going off from inside the residence. HAZMAT crew members found many different cleaning chemical containers open inside the residence.  (Central Jersey) JACKSON – A resident was rescued when police officers conducted a check at her home on Wild ...

Read More »

PPT research lab evacuated after chemical reaction causes high CO

  HMN-Firefighters evacuated employees after a call to PPT Research Inc.  While on scene, responders found high levels of CO and linked the readings to a chemical reaction gone amiss. Lehighvalleylive.com provides more. High levels of carbon monoxide that prompted the evacuation Tuesday of an Allentown business resulted from a chemical reaction, a city fire official said Wednesday. The incident ...

Read More »

Former MLB pitcher, and father, dead from CO poisoning

co

  HMN-Two men are dead after being found in their lawn care van, overcome by CO.  When the sheriffs officer opened the door to the vehicle, he was also overcome with CO, and eventually transported to a hospital.  One man, Ross Powell, who had left a career in baseball that included stints in the majors, and his father Lyle, were ...

Read More »

A dozen people hospitalized for CO exposure.

CO

HMN-A dozen people were hospitalized, including responders after a CO leak in a NJ home.  CBS reports that a man returned home to find everyone in his home unconscious.   MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A dozen people were exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide gas including first responders and good Samaritans who worked to save a family found ...

Read More »

Baltimore fire responds to CO leak

Baltimore CO

  HMN-Baltimore responds to a reported CO leak at an area Marriott hotel.  All four floors were evacuated and 2 patients were transported to the hospital.  WBFF provides more.   BALTIMORE (WBFF) – Drivers should avoid a portion of downtown Baltimore Saturday afternoon due to activity involving Baltimore City fire crews at a hotel where a carbon monoxide leak occurred. ...

Read More »