Tag Archives: School

CT HAZMAT calls Industrial Hygienist for school incident

Industrial Hygienist

HMN-Connecticut responders were called to an elementary school where a previous complaint of odor lead to one hospitalization. Upon investigation, a dry powder in one of the janitors closets came in contact with liquid and emitted the fumes.  Industrial Hygienists were called in to assist in ventilating the building properly.  WFSB provides more. An elementary school in Stamford was briefly delayed ...

Read More »

Teacher Hospitalized After Acid Spill At Union High School

Union New Jersey HazMat According to CBS: UNION, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A teacher was hospitalized after an acid spill triggered a hazardous materials response Wednesday morning at a New Jersey high school. It happened around 8:10 a.m. at Union High School. Fire officials say a teacher in one of the labs accidentally dropped a container of acid when the handle ...

Read More »

Multiple students possibly exposed to chemical at Manhattan school

  HMN-Multiple students possibly came in contact with Copper Sulfate.  The incident took place just before noon Thursday according to CBS New York. NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – More than two dozen people were decontaminated after possible exposure to hazardous materials at an Inwood school Thursday. There was concern several students were exposed to copper sulfate at the Northeastern Academy school ...

Read More »

30 people decontaminated at Dallas area high school

HMN- School and fire officials worked together to clear the incident with no injuries. Original story posted by NBCDFW.com . There was a hazmat scare at Prosper High School Thursday afternoon. Officials said a bottle of mercury broke open during a science class. Hazardous materials crews arrived and quickly started the decontamination process in school restrooms for approximately 30 people. “It ...

Read More »

Radioactive Material In The Science Lab At New Hampshire High School

HMN-New Hampshire High School rad incident gets hazmat response. Full story from the New Hampshire Union Leader. KEENE — A radioactive material in the science lab at Keene High School caused a scare at the school Wednesday. The Keene Fire Department was notified at 10:36 a.m. of a possible hazardous materials incident at the school. Initially, firefighters evacuated the second ...

Read More »