Taylorsville residence filled with “unusually high” amounts of carbon monoxide

carbon monoxide

(KUTV)

Hazmat crews are responding to a Taylorsville residence that’s reportedly filled with “unusually high levels” of carbon monoxide on Sunday evening.

Unified Fire Authority hazmat crews are currently responding to a single-family residence in Taylorsville on 4875 S. Southridge Dr. (395 West), where the home is reportedly filled with “unusually high levels” of carbon monoxide.

No injuries or sickness are reported at this time as crews take precaution because the meter readings were higher than normal.

Hazmat crews are continuing to monitor the levels of carbon monoxide and hydrogen at the residence as they continue to find the source of the gas. UFA stated that levels have dropped significantly since the initial call, and personnel from the Unified Police Department, Dominion Energy and the Salt Lake County Health Department have responded to the scene as well as a precaution.

UFA has not released further information on the situation at this time.

HazSim System

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

%d bloggers like this: