Hazmat team responds to ammonia leak in downtown Saskatoon

Originally published by Global News

A hazmat team responded to an ammonia leak in downtown Saskatoon on Monday morning.

The Saskatoon Fire Department said a fire engine, hazmat unit and the battalion chief responded to the leak in the 600 block of Spadina Crescent East after receiving a 911 call shortly before 9 a.m.

A Global News camera operator saw the crew working out of the Bessborough Hotel.

Firefighters found a small fridge in an unoccupied suite leaking ammonia, the fire department said in a news release. Hazmat technicians wrapped the fridge in plastic and removed it from the building, then turned it over to building management.

Share This:

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp
Share on telegram
Telegram
Share on reddit
Reddit
More News