Originally published by SPECTRUM NEWS
GATES, N.Y. — Fire officials have completed the investigation into the explosion that leveled a home in Gates last month.
The Gates fire chief says it was a natural gas explosion.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and Monroe County Fire Bureau investigation found the explosion was a result of an accumulated concentration of natural gas within the home on Noel Drive.
But, what ignited the gas causing the fire remains undetermined because of the extent of the damage.
No one was hurt when the home exploded on the evening of December 9, though people miles away felt the tremors.