Originally published on CBC Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services were called to the Stanley Park Brewing Restaurant on Tuesday. Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services’ hazardous materials team has been called to three incidents where mercury was spilled in Stanley Park in a matter of weeks, with the most recent incident taking place at the Stanley […]
Originally published on CBC ’The mercury was kind of spread around, it was in fine droplets,’ said assistant fire chief. A hazmat team was called to Stanley Park’s Second Beach on Sunday morning after park rangers found mercury in a public washroom. Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services said park rangers were opening up the washroom when […]
Originally published on CapeCod HARWICH PORT – Hazardous Materials technicians were called to Harwich Port around 9 PM Tuesday. According to reports, a mercury thermometer was broken causing a spill of the hazardous substance. The spill was contained to a sink at an apartment on Harold Street. No injuries were reported.
According to UpperMichigansource.com: ERWIN TOWNSHIP â€” Authorities have cleaned up what they called “a large mercury spill” Wednesday night in Gogebic County. The Upper Peninsula Regional Hazardous Materials Team was called out to a home in Erwin Township. A homeowner was cleaning the basement when a glass bottle of mercury was knocked over, breaking on […]
Originally published on Mercurynews If the idea of drinking hand sanitizer, absorbing ultraviolet light and gargling salt water to prevent or treat Covid-19 sounds bizarre to you, know that this isn’t the first time humans have put themselves in dangerous situations to quell their fears. In the face of threat by a new infectious disease, […]
Originally published on De Moines Register The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office said no charges will be filed against teenagers who set off a large explosion while target shooting Tuesday. Dallas County Sheriff’s deputies received several calls from residents near Woodward, and as far away as Madrid, reporting the blast around 7:30 p.m., according to Chief Deputy Adam Infante. […]
Originally published on Boston Globe Raynham Woods Medical Center was evacuated Tuesday after an older blood pressure machine was knocked over and caused a Tier 1 hazmat response, officials said. Raynham firefighters responded to a report of a mercury spill at the medical office building at 675 Paramount Drive at about 1 p.m., the Raynham […]