The Los Angeles City Fire Department is hosting the second annual So-Cal Hazmat Conference. The one-day conference will be held March 6 at LAFD’s Frank Hotchkin’s Memorial Training Center.
This year’s topics will include:
- Orange County Fire Authority’s Nick Freeman will review of e-bike factory fire
- Training tool box for company and department level
- When hazmat becomes a criminal incident
- Environmental response partners
- Latest in apparatus and equipment
- Maui wildfire clean up with U.S. EPA’s Jason Musante and San Diego Fire and Rescue’s Rob Rezende
And in mid-January, just down the highway in Long Beach, Calif., multiple agencies held a large-scale hazmat disaster drill.
As reported in the Press-Telegram, Long Beach Fire and Police, Dignity Health—St. Mary Medical Center and the California National Guard’s 9th Civil Support Team were some of the local agencies that participated. Additionally, the Environmental Protection Agency, FBI Operational Teams, a special weapons of mass destruction crew and CSULB police participated.And later this year, the 35th annual Continuing Challenge Hazardous Materials Response Workshop will run from Sept. 3-6 in Sacramento, Calif.
Original post – Copyright © 2024 HazmatNation.com. Externally linked references may hold their own independent copyright not assumed by HazmatNation